The Sudden Opportunity Support category
provides funds for arts and humanities projects which could not have been
foreseen in advance of the regular granting cycle. Grant awards to eligible
applicants may be awarded for up to $2000 and are contingent on the
availability of Norman Arts Council funds.
Check with the NAC office for availability of funds and to ensure
eligibility for your project before submitting a SOS grant proposal.
NAC is seeking applications for projects that:
- are of high quality
- are educational, informative or entertaining
- will be able to be successfully carried out by applicant
- will attract visitors to Norman
- will positively impact the community.
Applicants will not be disqualified for not meeting all of the criteria. It
is encouraged, however, to try to meet as many as possible and to address the
criteria directly in the proposal.
MAY NOT BE REQUESTED FOR:
- Fund-raising events
- Grants to pay existing debts
- the purchase of
capital improvements or equipment
- Projects not accessible to the general public
- Projects performed in conjunction with a religious service
- Indirect costs
The NAC Grants Committee
meets to evaluate and review grant proposals prior to the monthly NAC Board of
Directors meeting. The NAC Board meets
the third Friday of every month. In order to be reviewed that month, SOS grant
applications must be received within the first week of the month or the
application review process may be delayed until the next month.
COMPLETE APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted. In addition to completing the online narrative, applicant will be required to upload the following support materials:
- Budget worksheet (download from http://www.normanarts.org/grants/sudden-opportunity-support/)
- 501(c)3 exemption letter
- Last annual financial statement or tax return (pages 1-3 of IRS 990)
- Current annual budget
- Current list of board of directors and officers
- Current organization bylaws
- Copy of OU Departmental description as found in the University Handbook (OU applicants only)
NOTIFICATION: Applicants will be
notified within one week following the NAC Board of Directors meeting.